How Medicare funded Exercise Physiology and Dietetics can apply to you?
Folowing on from the article in lasts month's newsletter, regarding patient eligibility in relation to the GP led care plan system, the team at Full Circle Wellness discuss below the appropriateness of Exercise Physiology and how it may apply to your personal situation and it can help prevent, manage, mitigate and potentially cure many chronic conditions, illness and injuries and also assist with lifestyle intervention and health and well-being.
"The aim of an exercise physiologists’ interventions are to prevent or manage acute, sub-acute or chronic disease or injury, and assist in restoring one’s optimal physical function, health or wellness. These interventions are exercise-based and include health and physical activity, education, advice and support for lifestyle modification with a strong focus on achieving behavioural change. "
Essentially exercise physiologists utilise education, exercise and lifestyle modification to assist in the management of the following core areas:
- Cardiovascular health –Heart attacks and disease, Blood pressure control, Strokes and cardiac health.
- Respiratory health –Management of asthma, COPD, COAD and sleep apnoea.
- Metabolic health – Management of weight, diabetes, thyroid issues and other metabolic issues.
- Cancer management -Pre, post and during therapy to assist with management.
- Digestive and Renal issues-IBS, Digestive conditions, kidney disease et.
- Mental Health –Management of anxiety, depression and PTSD
- Neurological-Parkinson’s, MND, MSA, Sciatica etc.
- Musculoskeletal –Prevention, management and rehabilitation for MSK conditions from acute, sub-acute and chronic.
- Health and Well being- Maintain or improve on activity levels to assist with QOL, help with social interaction and manage health.
- Falls prevention –Assistance with balance and stability to maintain strength and confidence to reduce the incidence of falls.
If you currently have or feel you are at risk of needing assistance in relation to any of these areas, exercise physiology therapy is appropriate for your situation. Exercise physiology can be used to prevent, manage and potentially cure these above areas and is a cost effective self managed method, that is provided within our current healthcare system.
If you would like more information on how exercise physiology could assist you, you can find more information on the Full Circle Wellnes webstite, here or by calling their office on 07 5456 1599.